Tuesday, January 11, 2011

With or Without Olivier Theyskens

I have a massive crush on Olivier Theyskens and his clothes. I followed him from Rochas to Nina Ricci to now Theory. I mean with a face like this how could you not?



So this post is all about his collection for Theory and his successor at Nina Ricci's Pre-Fall collection.

Olivier has totally changed Theory and made it his own. I remember seeing less than thrilling pieces from the line in the Saks Fifth Avenue outlet, but I know that I will be extremely fortunate to find this collection there.
His tailoring is impecable and everything is very wearable. This keeps the spirit of the line because Theory has always made wearable clothes.
I love the pants and his jackets. They are basic pieces that every woman need in her wardrobe.




In 2009 Peter Copping from Louis Vuitton took over Olivier's spot at Nina Ricci. This collection has to be his biggest success in my opinion. I had a hard time choosing pieces to feature because all of the pieces are wearable, fancy, and wonderful. I would wear every outfit. I must say that I am looking forward to this fall if all the clothes are like this and the Lanvin collection I featured yesterday. I really can't overstate how much I love this collection. There are sparkles, polka dots, my favorite colors of navy blue and black. Neutrals take on a new life here. This makes me wish I had enough money to go out and buy at least one thing from this collection. It's breathtaking.







Even if you are like me and can't purchase a piece from this collection you can still build similiar outfits and take inspiration from this. Slouchy sweaters are always an answer to what do I wear over this top. Mix sequins with anything. Hats are beautiful. Long sleeve shirts under fancy evening wear add a I don't care elegance.

Merci Style.com for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment