Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes 2011 Recap: Best Dressed

This year's themes were very apparent. Everyone was crazy for flesh tones. Other minor trends were flowers and eighties. Which upon reflection is actually an interesting combination. Most of the dresses didn't put me to sleep which is a miracle. Hopefully the Oscars will be even more exciting.


I put Angelina on here because her dress was very unique. It was pretty risky and it suits her and her style. She either wears black or something with sleeves. Her style is minimalist. This is minimalist but in a very unique way. It's Versace.


We can always count on Anne Hathaway to look good. This dress is in the eighties theme with Angelina's. I like this color better though. Thanks Armani Prive for this wonderful dress!

Another really obvious trend I forgot to mention is sparkle. I'm all for that.


I'm in love with Olivia Wilde's dress. The ladies behind Marchesa are the queens of Red Carpet looks no question.


Amber Riley looks so good in this dress. It is a risk no doubt, but the dress fits her curves really well. I'm always happy to see curvy girls on the red carpet looking fabulous.


So Helena Bonham Carter as always defies convention. That's why I love her. I love her hair color (because it's like mine). I also like this dress, mainly because it's Vivianne Westwood and oh so her. British and funky for sure.

Here are the ladies in nude colors. It works on them because they have darker hair and it doesn't wash them out. All of the dresses have some sort of texture too that keeps it from looking dull.


I give props to Hollywood's newest it-girl Hailee Steinfeld for choosing fashion's newest darling Prabal Gurung. This dress is very age appropriate for her too since she's just a teenager. I can't wait to see her more often! She's a breath of fresh air in a world of teen stars gone haywire.

I love these two women so much. Leighton Meester and Scarlett Johansson are my favorite actresses so I might be a little biased. But really they look great in Burberry and Elie Saab respectively. I'm glad Leighton wore this dress is so fashion forward and weather appropriate because it is January, even in LA, and it's a brand that I love but isn't necessarily seen on the carpet that much.



So other actresses I love, but I chose to not put on my list are Emma Stone and Natalie Portman. I loved the color of Natalie's dress, but the flower..... well it is Viktor and Rolf so that should explain that. Everyone is saying how great Emma Stone's minimalist Calvin Klein dress is. I will go out on a limb here and say that I'm not fine of Calvin Klein because it bores me. I'm ADD so I need some interest. This color was really awful. If her hair had not been that color it might have been better but she looked one color. I miss Emma Stone's red hair (I wonder if it is her natural shade?).

Thanks to WWD.com for the pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment