Saturday, January 8, 2011

New Head of French Vogue

Emmanuelle Alt has moved up from Fashion Director of the French fashion bible to it's new Editor in Chief according to WWD.com. She's replacing Carine Roitfeld for the April 2011 issue.
I'm ashamed to say I didn't know who she was but now that I do I feel very much in touch with the fashion world. It's really important to know who the head of the fashion magazines are around the world because if you're lucky you might be working for them.
Emmanuelle has a style that is very Parisian. Dark, mysterious, and sexy. She reportedly favors Balmain and that is very much her aesthetic. The WWD.com article said (well I could only read the lede becuase my subscription ran out) that no major changes will happen to the magazine. That much is very evident because it seems if Carine and her successor are close friends and their styles don't differ all that much.
Here are some pictures of her style and her with Carine.





Most of the photos came from here and there is a little bio of Emmanuelle as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment