Monday, January 3, 2011

Not so fashion realted, but oh so important: Project Thrive

I read about Project Thrive in Bust magazine last month and I immediately contacted the service chair of my sorority, the chapter of Gamma Sigma Sigma at my school, to get us involved. I am so passionate about this now. We women in the US and other more "developed< for lack of a better word, countries take femine hygiene products for granted. Many girls I know skip classes because their cramps are so bad and that's understandable, but that's also a choice. What if you didn't have a choice? What if you couldn't go to school because it was impossible to leave the house based on the fact you didn't have a pad? That's crazy to me. Something that all women go through, that's so natural, prevents girls from getting a proper education. We can help though. Please look into this and try to make one of these resuable pads. I can't sew very well, but I doubt that the girls recieving them will care. You inspiring fashion designers? Hone your basic sewing skills by doing this!

No comments:

Post a Comment