Monday, December 6, 2010

My Top 10 Muses

I have probably covered this in several posts, but never have I combined all of these lovely ladies in one post before. Some are fictional just a warning:

10. Eddy and Patsy from Absolutely Fabulous
These two girls are super crazy. They dress over the top and are over the top. It goes to show you can wear whatever you want no matter what the occasion oh and drinking a glass of champagne first doesn't hurt.


9&8. Katie Fitch from Skins series two and Michelle Richardson from series one
My favorite British TV show of all time has some great dressers in the characters. I dyed my hair to look like Katie's before I came to college and I always love her pearls and leopard print pieces. I basically decided to wear my hair curly because of Michelle. Sometimes natural is best!



7. Coco Rocha
Coco has and always will be my favorite model. She is just absolutely stunning. She dresses so well off the catwalk, too. She dresses in a way that doesn't scream "I'm a supermodel look at me!" She's very down to earth, but she's not sloppy.


6. Carla Bruni-Sarkozy
She basically is living my dream. Started as a supermodel and is first lady of the most fashionable country on earth. She dresses like a woman in power and she is.


5. Kate Moss
Kate knows how to dress down and then dress up like no other. She also puts my scarf wearing to shame. Her influence over fashion can never be over-exaggerated. She put skinny jeans and high-waisted jeans on the map.


4. Lily Allen
Basically my favorite singer ever I have connected with Lily since she first stepped on the music scene. She's battled her weight like I do mine, but she looks fabulous no matter what her size. I mean someone who wears this out and about deserves to be admired.


3. Carrie Bradshaw
So I would rather be Carrie than dress like her most of the time, but you must admit she makes some pretty bold choices. Keep your fingers crossed that I too will be a writer in NYC with "all my money right where I can see it. Hanging in my closet."


2. Audrey Hepburn
My favorite actress and basically the reason I wear large sunglasses (other than the fact they protect your eyes from harmful UV rays) Audrey is a source of constant inspiration for me and the rest of the fashion world.


1. Blair Waldorf
If you read this blog with any regularity or know me at all you have knowledge of my obsession with Blair. I basically am her on so many levels and she (well Leighton Meester's costume designer) always amazes me each episode with a cute new outfit or idea. Headbands, tights, and skirts would not be my signature if I hadn't have started watching Gossip Girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment