Friday, December 31, 2010

Last Post of 2010: How to dress for a New Years Eve Party

I am not going to a party myself because frankly I'm not old enough to attend any New Years Party worth going to. Think champange. But it doesn't mean my readers can't! I hope all of you have fabulous plans for tonight and here are a few last minute suggestions in case you are still unsure of what to wear.

The Traditional Route:
SPARKLY
This metallic dress from Forever 21 is perfect for a New Years cocktail party. Pair with tights to keep you warm and you'll be set. Plus it's only $18 so if you just want to wear it once you won't be super extravagant.



I would pair it with these $54 shoes from Bakers becuase they're sparkly, but still black so it's not over the top. These shoes would be a great investment to sparkle up any LBD for evening later on in the year.



Not so Traditional
STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF

I can't think of a better way to start off the New Year than just by being yourself. If you're not a sparkly girl then go for just a solid color dress or if you're a hippie at heart embrace flower print. Nothing makes a statement like standing out from a crowd of look-a-likes. Make it your New Year's resolution to find your style and develop it so it's uniquely you.

If I was going out tonight this is the dress I'd pick becuase I'm all about lace. It's so feminine and so me. But since I'm all about contrasts I'd pair it with a more "manly" shoes. And I'll admit I've never worn oxfords (outside of my private school uniform back in the day) but it's another of my resolutions to try new things in fashion and that's one of them!
Dress: Forever 21 $25



Shoes: Aldo $28



If you are going out somewhere tonight be safe and if you're not still have fun! Thanks for a great year readers and I'll see you in 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment