Monday, November 29, 2010

Keep Calm and Carry On

A huge trend now is merchandise with the slogan "Keep Calm and Carry On" on it. The story behind the phrase is a interesting one. According to the legend it was written by the British Government's Ministry of Information before the on set of World War Two to install faith in them so that they would be confident that they would be protected. The crown on the top of the slogan is the crown of King George VI to show that the promise was from the royal himself. It was never used during the war, but was found years later and used on things like my bag and my new notebook.

It's a romantic story and an inspiring phrase. I first saw it on the shirt of Rupert Grint and then it got really popular so I'm obsessed. It's a great mantra to have. I get stressed a lot so I can just look at my bag and take a deep breath and get on with my life.



http://www.keepcalmandcarryon.com/?gclid=CLTDlbPxxqUCFY5d7Aod6gO8CQ

No comments:

Post a Comment