Tuesday, November 2, 2010

I want Humphrey Bogart to save me

Right now after a long hard day on campus I'm doing homework watching the original Sabrina with Audrey Hepburn and Humphrey Bogart. It gets me thinking about vintage fashion and Givenchy who made all of Audrey's outfits for the movie. So I'm going to blog about getting her look for less!

Givenchy for less:
Macy's has Givenchy jewelry which is a great way to get a small piece of the elegance with out breaking the bank. If you look hard you can probably find some classy and simple pieces for less.

http://www1.macys.com/catalog/product/index.ognc?ID=489301&PseudoCat=se-xx-xx-xx.esn_results

Givenchy was the proponent of the little black dress which are ubiquitous in every store. My new obsession even though I haven't shopped there yet is Madewell. We finally have one in Atlanta and I can't wait to shop there. Here's a great little dress that is a bit pricey ($178), but it's so pretty. It'll be on my shopping list.

http://www.madewell.com/madewell_category/DRESSESSKIRTS/dresses/PRDOVR~32413/32413.jsp



Here are some of Audrey's looks from the movie:



My favorite combination in the fall where I live are shorts and a long sleeved shirt like the one Audrey wore in the yatching scene of the movie. It's not a tough look to pull off and is useful for those cold in the morning and warm in the afternoon days.

Tell me: What's your favorite Audrey Hepburn movie? What's your favorite outfit of hers?

No comments:

Post a Comment