Monday, November 22, 2010

Christmas Shopping: My Cheap and Chic Holiday Gift Guide

Today I got Vogue's December issue in the mail and they always have a gift guide in this issue that I find amusing. Maybe it's just me, but I can't imagine giving someone a pair of $1000 Manolos for Christmas or giving someone's kid a pair of $210 Gucci sandals that they'll outgrow in a matter of months. But I suppose I would love to have friends that give those kinds of gifts. If you're not that kind of person I have made a guide for you to help you do Christmas shopping on a budget.

For the Fashion Lover:

The Gospel According to Coco Chanel by Karbo is great for fashionistas of either sex. You can buy it used on Amazon.com for about $8.


I don't know what fashionista doesn't love Kate Spade. And most of us fashion lovers are creative people so what's more of a perfect gift than Kate Spade's Doodle Pen Necklace which is $45


The Artsy Type:
Most of these people are a bit on the pretentious side so appeal to their snobbery by giving them the only name in notebooks: Moleskine. Borders.com has a large one for $18


The Film Buff:
Everyone needs a calender for the coming year so why not give them one featuring the greatest movie of all time? TCM.com $14


The busy college student:
A fancy planner will help a college student who has to balance term papers, socials with his or her greek organization and any other clubs they might have. Vera Bradley Student Planner $15


The Hippie:
Basically anything from Urban Outfitters this person will love. Well anything organic.
Bird Cork Board Urbanoutfitters.com $22


The Girl who loves to go out on the town:
Sexy tights help any party dress during the winter. $14 Urbanoutfitters.com

No comments:

Post a Comment