Thursday, February 10, 2011

NYFW starts

This is my favorite time year the Spring Fashion Issues are coming out and Fall/Winter fashion week is starting up again. Today's the first day so here are some of the lines that have shown.

BCBG Max Azria
The collection mixes neutrals and bright primary colors like red and blue. The overall feel is very loose, flowy, and free. The theme of the collection is to be sensible. Wear long dresses and skirts during the colder months and also layer if you want to wear a sheer fabric!





Rachel Zoe has her own line now and she gave all the top stores like Barney's a preview of it last month before she was too pregnant to travel. There was no show for it, but Style.com has released the pictures from the collection and the result is very wearable and fun. Nothing to get too excited about, but it is nothing new. It's just that it look more "her" than any other clothes out there. If you followed her from the beginning like I did when she started styling Nicole Richie you can see how her aesthetic as evolved slightly. She's a little less over the top boho now and has refined her look. She still loves flowy dresses and fur and the collection shows that.





Zac Posen's new line Z Spoke is like what Marc by Marc Jacobs is to its namesake, a cheaper, but still stylish version of its older counterpart. The collection was nice and simple, but I guess since I just looked a couture stuff not too long ago I was underwhelmed. Truth be told NY fashion week isn't my favorite because all the real exciting designers show in London or Paris. But anyway I LOVE his use of my two favorite models, Coco Rocha and the lovely Crystal Renn who looks as good as ever.






More exciting shows to come! Thanks style.com for always keeping me in the loop.

PS check me out on tumblr: http://ethereal-style.tumblr.com/ I want more followers haha and I'll be sure to follow you back!

No comments:

Post a Comment