Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Marc is a genius, but I already knew that

Looking at the first look from Marc Jacob's Fall/Winter 2011 collection I was a bit skeptical. It look really odd. But as I looked at the entire show I fell in love. Not only were there looks that I will recreate on the cheap (sequin skirt, knit top, and polka dot tights), but the whole thing was an evolution back in time. That really doesn't make any sense, but you can see influences from so many eras. First the 70s can be seen in the fabrics and patterns and then later on in the construction and use of lace you can see a bit of the Victorian era. He played with patterns, textures, and silhouettes like I've never seen.

Here are my top looks (there are so many). Pictures as usual from Style.com





No comments:

Post a Comment