Saturday, February 26, 2011

The Definition of Style

This is a break from all my fashion week posts which were getting a little monotonous if you ask me. I'll wait until Paris fashion week picks up. Now I'm going to share with you what I really want my blog to be about and what I probably have been straying away from here. Yes clothes are my favorite things and there are some purses that I have that I love more than certain people I know (that's not really hard if you knew all the jerks I've almost dated), but clothes are the only component of style. I want to define it here for you now.

style [staɪl]
n

Is the way a person feels, dresses and acts. ie a person with style respects herself by dressing well and respects others by treating them with kindness and politeness even when it is unmerited.

Having style shouldn't be just wearing the right labels, but knowing how to express yourself through clothes and know what fits your body. Feel beautiful inside and out then the "outward" style will come naturally.

No comments:

Post a Comment