Tuesday, March 9, 2010

The Queen's Final Collection

I can hardly find the words to describe how I feel about the last pieces designed by the late Alexander McQueen. Knowing these are the last pieces he touched and imagined is heartbreaking and powerful at the same time.

The collection only consists of 16 outfits, but they say so much more about him as a designer and a person than a huge collection ever could.

He was at the same time forward thinking and reflective on the past. For this collection his inspirations came from the rococo for his patterns and prints and his construction was modern and futuristic.

I had tears in my eyes while I looked at the show and while reading WWD.com's review. I would have given anything to be at that show and I am sure it is something the people present will not soon forget.

The pieces were wearable and simple by McQueen's standards. I would wear the first dress proudly to a party or any event. I hope Sarah Jessica Parker wears something from this collection to an event or on the red carpet somewhere.




No comments:

Post a Comment