Thursday, March 4, 2010

Geometrically Sporty

I always look forward to the Balenciaga shows to see what craziness Nicholas Ghesquiere pulls out of his hat this season. It's funny to think that he gets inspirations for his modern almost space age designs from the classic looks of Cristobal Balenciaga, but he was ahead of his time in his day, too.

This season surprisingly there were few "How on earth could anyone wear this?" pieces on Ghesquiere's runway. The sensible chic must have made its way over to his crazy fashion house. There were some pieces that I genuinely lust after. Stuff that I love because I want to wear it, not stuff that I think I should like because it's edgy and high-fashion.
The overall theme is definitely sporty with geometric shapes and patterns. Bright colors also dominate the landscape.




No comments:

Post a Comment