Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Paris Fashion Week Jackpot

The past few days several of my favorite designers have had shows:

Simple Elegance at Stella McCartney:
McCartney went with mainly neutrals this season, but there were some bright colors stuck in there. She had a lot of classy laid back pieces perfect for work and play.




Modern Paris Meets Classic Paris at Yves Saint Laurent:
What the reviewers at WWD.com called dowdy I call avant-garde. I loved the conservative sensibility of Stefano Pilati's collection. I admit some of them were a bit over-the-top in the covering up department, but I loved the pieces which might look less dowdy apart. The final sheer pieces were anything, but conservative, however.




Classy Sportswear at Givenchy:

Riccardo Tisci's collection was very understated, in a good way, as far as design goes, but it was bold in his choice of prints and colors. There was lots of black to be found, but spread throughout were bold prints and bright reds. The trend of the sheer fabric was in this collection as well and so was the bright red lip that I have seen in other shows.


No comments:

Post a Comment