Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Met Gala!

Every year the Costume Institute Gala at the Metropolitan Museum of Art hosts the aptly named Met Costume Gala. This year's celebrated the opening of the exhibit about the American Woman Then and Now. The ball is an opportunity for fashion designers to dress up their favorite muses and parade them around. This is also a time were celebrity and fashion collide. In other words it is an exciting time.

Here are my fave looks from this year's ball:

These were really a surprise. I expected to love my usual favorites and hate on my least favorites, but it was quite the opposite. Though some old faves did pull through.

Sarah Jessica Parker always looks lovely!

That's Elisa Sednaoui, in Chanel Haute Couture and Chanel jewels, with Karl Lagerfeld.

I was surprised I was really in love with Rachel Bilson's look. I usually think she's highly over rated as far as "fashion icons" go.

And Nicole Richie! I really can't believe that I like her look. That Marc Jacob's dress is just beautiful.

and of course Anna Wintour looks good. That's her job. I'm also in love with Bee's Balenciaga dress.







Photos from Style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment