Friday, February 26, 2010

Milan Fashion Week: D&G

I don't know why it baffles me, but it does. Why does Milan have a fashion week? I know all the best brands are Italian, but why not Rome fashion week or Venice? Well apparently its because all of these fashion houses (Valentino, Gucci, and Prada (Muiccia's father was born there) etc.) are headquartered there. Apparently it is a more of a headquarter of culture than I thought.

Well anyway fashion week has started here and the first show I picked to feature is D&G the younger, slighty cheaper version of Dolce and Gabbana.

The theme for this show seemed to be ski meets evening gown. There was a lot of mixing of knits and sheer fabric. Not all of the outfits were practical the way they were put together on the runway, but the pieces could be mixed and matched seperatly to make cute outfits for every day use. The worst part of the collection to me were the hairy, UGG-like boots.







Photos: WWD.com

No comments:

Post a Comment