Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Bonjour Paris! Finally Some Excitement

Dries van Noten! Oh thank you for spicing up the upcoming fall season. Here so many rules were broken: blue for the winter, mixing black with brown accessories, and mixing prints like no other. This collection reminds me of my grandma, in a good way of course, she loved blue and orange and together she would have absolutely had a fit. I'm pretty sure she would have bought one of those dresses for me if not for herself! I love how fancy Dries van Noten is without being over the top. It's not crazy to the point where I doubt the wearability of the pieces.






Hussein Chalayan could not be more different from Dries van Noten. The "fanciness" from this collection is in the construction not the prints. It's definitely minimalist because the most complicated prints look like window blinds. Here the black/brown rule is broken as well. You can also tell that Chalayan is toning down his work to make it more wearable. This is a long way from the robotic dress from when I first discovered him. But he's making money off Lady Gaga I'm pretty sure.




No comments:

Post a Comment