Sunday, September 19, 2010

New York Fashion Week is over

So I'm behind on all the shows but I've been trying to catch up. I'll tell you on collection I was enamored of. Ralph Lauren's piece blew me away even though they were simple. I wasn't too crazy about his past shows, but this makes me think of the old West in a good way. I have the sudden urge to wear white and brown every day now. The whole color scheme was those two colors with a few light blue and metallic exceptions. The overall effect was very crisp and makes me excited for spring even though I really want it to be fall here! It even made me look favorably on fringe, not a favorite motif of mine. I looked at Betsey Johnson's collection right after Ralph's and they couldn't be more different. Betsey's was an explosion of color and just over all gaudy (the models wore necklaces that said "Ride Me") so Ralph is definitely a favorite.






pics from WWD.com

1 comment:

  1. I was very impressed with this collection as well. I love the bohemian country vibe!

    ReplyDelete